Tuesday 6 November 2012

"Less Stuff, Less Stress"

This morning I was puttering around on the internet, and came across a video series on YouTube that I thought was a fantastic idea. I was watching a Beauty Guru named Pinksofoxy, and she has a few videos up called Declutter Vlog: Less Stuff, Less Stress. 

They can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ17a7nRzHo&feature=relmfu (this is part 5 so far, but you can check out other videos associated)

After watching a few of these videos with my morning coffee, I am becoming inspired to do the same. My P10P has also helped in this department as well, and since I wrote that blog post, I've also decided to do a NO BUY until the end of the year.

My rules and conditions are as follows - 

1. No makeup, or skincare. None. I realized that I am fully stocked until the end of the year, and will not need to worry about my mascaras, etc.
2. No clothing or accessories. This includes handbags, which is so difficult for me, since I'm such a bag whore.
3. No nail polish. My base and top coat will be fine until the end of the year, although I will need more cotton rounds, which can be found at the dollar store, so they will be allowed. 
4. If there is something I think that I need, it goes on my Christmas list, end of story.
5. I am only allowed to purchase items for Christmas presents - which is something that will need to be done   since it is creeping closer and closer every minute.

Along with watching these videos, I've realized that it is time to go through my makeup collection, and downsize. I've been really enjoying shopping my stash, and every so often I'll pull 1 or 2 things out to be given away, but it's time to get serious. I've realized that as much as I love my collection, it does need some tweaking. I personally don't feel that I need 9 foundations in my collection, regardless of how amazing I think they all are. It's okay to have just 2 or 3, and would love to be able to pass them on to someone who will really appreciate them.

I've been fortunate enough as well, that a lot of my collection was free product, so giving it away makes me feel a little less guilty, however even if I did pay for it, I still would give it away. There are so many people out there who would really appreciate having these items, and I think it is important to stop being so greedy and superficial, and focus on more important things.

Now, that doesn't mean I'm giving up my collection all together, I will still continue to enjoy what I have. The point is to use the products that I love, and purge the rest. I will definitely be posting photos of the products that don't make the cut.

Here we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment