Monday 15 October 2012

Happy October!

Talk about a busy month! There has been a lot going on. Marc and I went to the Norfolk County Fair, we had thanksgiving, our friend's son had his first birthday, Marc and I are planning our anniversary... the list goes on and on.

Thanksgiving has fantastic this year. We went to Goderich again, which is tradition, and this year had a nice time seeing my cousin Nathan, and his fiance, Sarah. They live in Timmins, so it is definitely quite the hike for them to come down this way, which means we don't get to see them as much as I'd like to. It was such a nice time with them though, and I really enjoy spending time with Sarah. They brought their gorgeous English Golden Retriever with them as well - Airlie.



He really is the coolest dog. He's so chill and just loves to be around everyone. When Marc and I have a dog, I really hope he has the same kind of personality. He was just such a joy to be around that weekend!

The weather wasn't what I was hoping for though, however we went for a 2 hour walk around the town, and down to the lake, so I did take a few pictures of the scenery.


This is the view from the top before taking the stairs down to the water.


It was definitely a blustery day down by the water, but it after the rain, I got a beautiful shot of the lake that I took from my cousin's backyard.


My favourite picture of the weekend.


Marc and I also spent yesterday afternoon with our friends Shauna and Mike. Their son, Sam, had his first birthday party, and we had such a nice time spending the afternoon celebrating him. Shauna and Mike have been such great friends to us. I really enjoy spending time with them, and was honoured to be able to attend the day for Sam. Everyone else that was invited to the party was family, and Marc and I felt lucky to be apart of it.




Here is the birthday boy playing before opening presents.


And this is him with his mom and cousins checking out his new toys.

        
He was such a ham for the day, and Marc had a lot of fun playing with him. Poor Shauna had a wicked cold, but she was one heck of a trooper hosting such a nice gathering. There was a ton of food and lots of good laughs. It was a really nice time.

This Saturday I will be doing my first freelancing makeup application for some ladies that have a family photo shoot going on, and then on Sunday Marc and I will be heading to Toronto for the day with his parents which will be a nice day trip. We're also planning our 5 year anniversary celebration, which will be happening at the beginning of November as well. The plan is to head to Niagara Falls, which has become a sort of tradition for us. Since Marc was in Nunavik last year, we spent our anniversary apart, so I'm really looking forward to having a romantic getaway together and reflect on the last 5 years of our time together. It will definitely be something to blog about for sure!



No comments:

Post a Comment