I am so annoyed at myself! I don't know what it is, but I never seem to be able to finish a lot of my beauty products up near the same time, except for this month. Of course, because this never happens to me, all of them have been disposed of... go figure. I went on a search to see what I could recover, but all of the garbage has been rounded up and taken by the garbage man today. I can hear the "losing horn" from The Price Is Right in my head right now.
I definitely want to take a moment to congratulate myself on using up some of this stuff that has been around for a while. I guess now that I have extra time, I'm more conscience of what needs to be either a) thrown out due to expiring, or b) I'm hoarding the last drops of something for absolutely no reason.
So here we go, a complete list of the products I have used up recently.
1. Philosophy Sugar Chick Bath and Shower Gel - an all time fave. It smells like marshmallow peeps, and is limited edition around Easter. I was definitely savouring this.
2. Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum - this was the smallest bottle, and it look almost 3 years to finish. I love to switch up my fragrances, but this was one I would reach for when I needed a pick me up, or Marc and I were going on date night. I now have the largest size that was given to me, and can start chipping away on that.
3. Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in Perversion - the blackest of the black eye liners I have tried. I had this buddy for a little over 6 months and could tell the consistency was changing. So it was time to send him away to the trash man. Great liner though, especially for anyone with oily eyelids that has a problem with transferring.
3. L'Oreal Ever Pure Moisturizing Shampoo - One of the BEST shampoos for my hair. Since my hair is short and I wash it everyday due to using a lot of product in my hair, I loved this for keeping it clean, but not stripping it. It will definitely be a repurchase once I use up some other shampoos kicking around.
4. Sephora Instant Moisturizer - another good staple. It's a basic moisturizer that is great for all skin types. I was using this at night time, along with my Dr. Brandt Resurfacing Serum. This just helped to keep the moisture up, while the serum does its magic. I loved the smell, and after working at Sephora, I felt their skincare didn't get enough love. I watched EmilieClarke on Youtube talk about how much she loved this, and felt like it would take off, but never did. I totally recommend it! For Emilie's review on this and other skincare products, check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWah-n-Va0s
5. Benefit PoreFessional Pore Balm - Meh. I wasn't in love. Everyone on Youtube raves about this product, however I find it thick, and it doesn't matter how much I use, or how I apply it to my skin, it never works out. Whichever foundation I'm using just ends up sliding around or makes a disappearing act. I think I've just been too spoiled with using Dr. Brandt Pore Refiner, as my primer. It's a thinner consistency, but gives a more flawless look.
And last but not least...
6. Essie's Good To Go Top Coat - Oh how I love thee! I used to use Seche Vite, but my nails would split and become brittle, not to mention Seche Vite used to get goopy to quickly. Essie, however, gives the same finish, same lasting power, without the splitting or goopyness. PLUS I can get it at Wal-Mart now! I think we're best friends for life now. I've already started a new bottle.
It felt really good to use these products up, and I though to myself "Why not try doing a Project 10 Pan?" I'm going to work on narrowing down some products that need to be used up, and will definitely post once I get that under control! :)