Friday 12 August 2016

Working Through Difficult Times

So, as you can see, I've been neglecting my little corner of the internet universe. I have been feeling like something is missing in my life and I realized that I missed having this outlet to speak my mind. I'm really looking forward to getting back into posting on here again.

Well, where to start? The school year came and went and I'm not sad to see it go. As much as I loved working at the school, there have been some major changes happening within our board. The biggest change was that a lot of people were let go due to cutbacks and I was one of many to be let go. 

We also had to put our cat down at the end of the school year as well. She was an adopted cat and we had her for 7 years. Unfortunately, she just got old on us, and before we knew it, she was showing signs of being in pain. That is when we made the choice to say goodbye. She was a good kitty and it was one of the hardest decisions we have had to make so far in our lives. 

Needless to say, Marc and I had a pretty rough couple of weeks near the end of June. I went through a lot of emotions from being angry, to sad, to just being apathetic towards everything in my life. I felt like all of the work I had made to better myself had been washed away. It felt like a weight had been added to my shoulders that I just couldn't shake. I wasn't sure how to get out of the slump, but I needed to do something.

So everyday I made sure to do something nice for myself. I would take an extra long shower. I would journal. I would spend time doing things that would make me happy or feel accomplished. Before I knew it, I was starting to feel better. Marc and I did some traveling around the province. We went camping and got back to nature. We spent time in the mountains. It was so nice to be out together, as well as have time to work on ourselves.

I also wrote myself a love letter. Yes, I said it. I realized that as much as I had been grateful for the support of our friends and family, I had to also understand the support I needed to give myself. I needed to hold space for myself to heal, and remind myself that I could get out of this funk. It doesn't matter if what you are going through is a big issue, or something very small, love letters can really help to get you through those hard times.

So, what is happening now? Well, I'm on the job hunt. I have started looking to see what is available in this area. My dad was here for a few weeks for a visit which was great. I wish he could stay all of the time. He definitely helped put life into perspective. I'm also working on making myself a schedule for when back to school starts. Marc will be busy, and I need to keep myself busy until I find a job. I've been feeling really good. I feel like it's time to get back into the swing of things. I'm ready for a new beginning when it comes to work, and am looking forward to the future. 






No comments:

Post a Comment