Wednesday 27 April 2016

Sorry I'm Not Sorry

I've always been one to worry about what other people think. I'm the kind of person who wants people to like me, and I try to make sure that I'm well liked by everyone. I've even been known to mold my personality to fit what someone else's version of me is, and I'm finally at a point where it needs to stop.

Redhead Mare, a fellow Canadian and Youtuber posted a video about how to stop apologizing for taking care of yourself, and to stop saying sorry for things that you shouldn't even be sorry for.

This is her video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZydSNVi3OHQ

I can honestly say that after watching this, I sat back and started to reflect on how I do ALL of these things, and how unnecessary it is. I wrote almost an entire page in my journal about how I need to work on ways that I can say no without feeling like I need to give an explanation as to why. It isn't easy, and I've caught myself doing this a few times. It's a work in progress.

I've also been reading a new book lately that a co-worker told me about called "The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck". I'm only half way through the book, but it has made an impact on me already. It talks about making a F*ck list, and prioritizing the f*cks you should give, and then ones you shouldn't. I love humour the author brings, as well as making sure the reader knows that it is super important to cut out the crap in your life. I'd recommend reading it, and would love to hear your thoughts.

So, don't feel bad about saying no, and certainly don't apologize for it. You have standards, and if someone doesn't meet them, well it's time to walk away. We only get one shot at this life, and you deserve to fill it with nothing but positivity, love, and adventure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment