Saturday 9 March 2013

Empty Products! Spring 2013

Happy March everyone! I'm so glad that March is finally here. The weather is slowly starting to get warmer, and soon this snow will be gone! I cannot wait!

I wanted to share some products that I have finally used up within the past month or so. I forgot to hold onto the products last time so I could take a photo, so this time, I remembered to start a stash. I've numbered them to make it a little easier to tell you about my thoughts with each one.




1. Soap and Glory Great Shakes Hand Cream - I have to say that this is one of my favourite hand/body creams on the market. In the USA, I have seen one called Hand Food, which has the same texture and smell as this one. This smells like their Righteous Body Butter, and soaks into the hands quickly. I will continue to purchase this once I get through some of my other creams and lotions.

2. Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint Shower Gel - This is a staple! I absolutely go crazy for this scent, and have 2 backups of this. Every year I stock up before they sell out, and use them throughout the year. If you haven't smelled this before, you are missing out. It is the classic mix of peppermint candy canes and vanilla. I wish it was a scent they would keep all year. 

I'll skip to #8, since it is the Triple Moisture Body Cream in the same scent. They work so well together. You can see that the packaging is different due to the Shower Gel having a 2011 label on it, vs. the 2012 label on the body cream. This made the best lotion for back massages, due to the peppermint tingle on the skin. So amazing.

3. Cake Desserted Island Hand Cream - This is the mini version that I received in a gift pack. I kept this guy in the purse, and blew through this within a month. It is amazing at hydrating my hands, but I'm not a huge fan of the scent. It has a mild pineapple/coconut scent that just doesn't cut it. I prefer it's mango scented counterpart that is in my bag right now. I'm sure it'll be featured in my next empties post.

4. The Body Shop Lip Butter in Pink Grapefruit - It took me almost a year to get through a tub of this, and I used it almost every night before bed. The lip butters are a product that I always go back to, and prefer them over my Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments. I think it's because I get tired of the lemon scent of the Fresh ones, and feel that the Body Shop butters give me that extra bit of hydration. I just love them. I'm currently using the mango one at the moment... can you see a trend?

5. Lush A Breath Of Fresh Air Toner - I bought this in the states while shopping in Buffalo, and it was just okay. I really enjoy my Tea Tree toner, as I feel that it helps with my greasy skin, but this didn't really do anything for me. 

6. Sephora Collection Instant Refreshing Toner - another product that was just okay. It was a great pick-me-up spray when I felt my skin needed a boost throughout the day, but this isn't something I would buy again. In fact, I think it's discontinued on Sephora's website. 

And last, but not least:

7. Zoya Remove+ Nail Polish Remover - Holy Grail! I used to use whatever was the cheapest at the drugstore, and my nails would peel and break. Now, I don't seem to have that problem, after splurging on this stuff, and I love it! I bought another bottle like this one, and have also purchased the gigantic one to refill the pump bottle. I feel like this stuff takes off anything with a few swipes - including glitter polish. This is something I will continue to repurchased again and again.

And there you have it. Now I can finally pitch these guys to the recycling bin, and start a new batch for empties. I'm really looking forward to using up some more products, along with some more makeup.

I am also doing some spring cleaning of my makeup collection, and have gone through my stash. I've thrown out quite a bit of stuff that has been hanging around way too long, and am excited to keep on downsizing to the things that I really love. WHOOHOO!


No comments:

Post a Comment