Saturday 30 January 2016

My Makeup Collection and Storage 2016

Since I've been on a path to simplifying my home, my makeup collection has significantly decreased in size. I used to have shelves and drawers full of items, and now I'm down to a single drawer in my vanity. 



I purchased my vanity in the "AS IS" section at Ikea. It is actually a MICKE desk, which can be found here: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/80213074/#/80213074 . I purchased the desk for $68 CAD, and luckily for me, it was already assembled when we brought it home.

As you can see, my lipsticks, brushes, fragrances, and larger items still live on top of the vanity. I don't mind having them there as I find myself reaching for most of those products on a daily basis, so it keeps me in check when it comes to using products up. 

Here is a closer look at my fragrances:


As you can see, most of my fragrances are from Bath and Body Works. I love the idea of putting on a body spray in the morning so that when I go to work, I'm not overpowering the classroom, or setting any of the children off who may have allergies. I love that they linger only slightly throughout the day.

For my lipsticks, glosses, and larger products:


I've worked really hard to use up a lot of my older lipsticks. I've replaced some of them with more inexpensive alternatives since I don't wear a lot of bright, matte colours anymore. Wet N Wild Mega Last lipsticks have been wonderful for this. I found a few dupes to some of my favourite MAC lipsticks, and was quite happy to save some money.

And now for the inside of the drawer:


Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is it. I have downsized significantly since 2013-2014, and I am really pleased with my collection now. I find that I am actually using all of my items on a regular basis, and after many years of trial and error, I've really made peace with myself that I have the best products that work for me. I was always one to get sucked into trying new things, because I was always looking for the next best thing. Now, I feel that all of my favourite items are in one spot, and I have cut back on buying makeup just to be "on trend". 

I would love to even downsize further, but I am going to do so at my own pace. I have a few things that could probably go, but I would rather use them up than throw them away just so I could have less. It's been a long journey, but I am proud of myself that I was able to bring this collection down to a manageable size. It definitely takes the guess work out of getting ready in the morning, while still having options to change up my look. I hope you enjoyed.

Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment